Vigils and Rallies
There's no more effective way to stop abortion than to be there, praying in front of the sites where it takes place. There's also no more powerful way to combat evil than by taking it to prayer.
That's why Pro-Life Wisconsin hosts prayer vigils and pro-life rallies all over Wisconsin, petitioning God and witnessing to the public that the sanctity of human life must be respected from conception to natural death.
Pro-Life Wisconsin and our affiliates host the following annual vigils and rallies:
- Roe vs. Wade anniversary vigils. Taking place at or around the January 22 anniversary of the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion on demand, we gather at local abortion and birth control centers as well as courthouses to pray for an end to abortion.
- Holy Week Stations of the Cross. PLW affiliates host powerful pro-life Stations of the Cross vigils in Green Bay, Appleton, Madison, Milwaukee and La Crosse on Palm Sunday and Good Friday. Evoking a natural comparison between the senseless brutality Christ suffered with the senseless violence at abortion facilities, these vigils draw hundreds statewide.
- Griswold vs. Connecticut vigils. While less known than Roe vs. Wade, the Griswold vs. Connecticut Supreme Court decision proved to be no less deadly. In creating a "right to privacy," the Court struck down all laws against contraception, setting a precedent for Roe and abortion on demand in the United States.
- 40 Days for Life. Since the inception of the nationwide 40 Days for Life effort, Pro-Life Wisconsin has been proud to support and host 40 Days for Life campaigns throughout Wisconsin.
- Empty Manger Christmas Caroling. Our Christian faith was made possible by an unexpected Pregnancy-that of Mary as she carried our Lord in her womb! That's why the Advent and Christmas seasons provide a perfect opportunity to reach out to abortion-vulnerable mothers. The week before Christmas we appear in front of abortion facilities throughout the state, singing Christmas carols and bringing gifts for local pregnancy help centers.
In addition to these annual vigils, many PLW affiliates hold standing weekly or monthly vigils as well as occasional stand-alone vigils.
For additional information on Pro-Life Wisconsin's vigils and rallies, contact PLW at email@example.com.